Freitag, 10. August 2012

Watercolor Nails (Plastic Bag Method)

Pinterest is always a great source of inspiration to me and once again I discovered an awesome tutorial for some nail art. The technique is called Watercoloring and there are two ways to do Watercolor Nails. One involves acetone and a brush and I failed big time. 

The other one is described by Polish and Pearls, check out her video and picture tutorials to see how it is done.




I used Essie - Blanc as a base and then added blobs of random black, grey and white nail polish. What I found to be most important is the amount of nail polish you use. Don´t be scared of flooding your cuticles, clean up won´t be too hard if you use a toothpick right away to clean up the edges of your nails. First I didn´t make the blobs big enough and you can see in the following picture how it looked like.




It just looks better with the right amount of polish, so the colors can blur on the nail. Drying time wasn´t too bad either, I expected worse. On top I´m wearing one coat of Revlon Quick Dry Top Coat. 




I decided to do a stamping on top with a silver stamping polish from Essence and Dashica Big Sdp D, what else.  I don´t like it too much though, it is not really my style. 









So how do you like Watercoloring? Did you try it yet or are you going to? 
I can tell you I love it and I have already done another color variation which will be up soon. Stay tuned! 

10 Kommentare:

  1. hi!
    das sieht einfach haaaammmer aus! ich habe mich auch schon zweimal an dem nailart probiert und ich lieeeebe es! ich werde es bestimmt auch noch öfter tragen! deine farbkombination finde ich auch sehr hübsch! die muss ich mir merken ;)
    das stamping darauf gefällt mir auch! nette idee!

    lg :)

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Ich finde das Blumenstamping macht das Design noch besser :-) Sehr schön!

    AntwortenLöschen
  3. Sehr hübsch. :-)
    Vor allem das Blumenmuster rundet es noch ganz toll ab. *nick*

    AntwortenLöschen
  4. Oh my god I LOVE the stamping! I'm a sucker for black and white. I'm going to have to try this because I have a dress that is PERFECT.

    AntwortenLöschen
  5. Ich habe es bis jetzt noch nicht ausprobiert, steht aber mit ganz oben auf meiner "To Do" Nail Art Liste :D. Mit dem Stamping zusammen sieht das Ergebnis super aus, total schön!

    lg Neru

    AntwortenLöschen
  6. it looks amazing *v*
    and I do love the stamping you did on top!

    AntwortenLöschen
  7. It looks really gorgeous!
    I haven't tried this metod yet, but it is on my to do list =)

    AntwortenLöschen
  8. Very beautiful! I think you did a wonderful job! I like how the stamping image looks, also.

    AntwortenLöschen

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my post, I appreciate it a lot!